The following sketch is this weeks Just Add Ink challenge.
I knew, straight away, when I saw this layout what I wanted to do! It was just a matter of doing it - which is so cool cos that normally NEVER happens!
I have used Basic Grey for the actual card and the Faux Metal technique for the squares.
Here's a quick run-down on how I made them:
1. Stamp a piece of card a bit bigger than what you want to end up with, with Versamark.
2. Sprinkle Silver Embossing Powder and heat. (I used tweezers on the outer edge so not to burn fingers - edge will be cut down later on).
3. Wait til cooled and stamp over the top with Versamark again.
4. Sprinkle Silver Embossing Powder and heat.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 two more times, so you have 4 layers all up.
6. While the last layer of Embossing Powder is still warm, press into it with your selected stamp.
7. Walah!!! Cut your piece down to the size you want to get a crisp edge.
8. I got the cracked look by putting the piece into the freezer for just a few minutes, and when cooled, I bent the cardstock in several spots and enjoyed the sound of it CRACKING!!
The ribbon is actually Whisper White Taffeta ribbon but as I wanted black ribbon, I used Basic Black ink pad and a Sponge Dauber and rubbed colour into it. I used sewing machine to sew a running stitch along the top edge of the ribbon and pulled and gathered it - not my favourite thing to do - must practise.
stamps: always, picture this
cardstock: basic grey, basic black
ink: basic black, versamark
whisper white taffeta ribbon, silver embossing powder & heat tool, dimensionals