Friday, July 15, 2011

Just Add Ink #76 - Inspiration Photo

It's been a few months since I've designed for Just Add Ink.....but I'm so happy to be back! Yah!!!
I have enjoyed my little break, keeping busy with studying and the usual mummy stuff but I am so looking forward to dusting off my sets and reinking them again!

For my first week back on duty, we have an Inspiration Photo challenge....and what a glorious pic it is! Who wouldn't want to be there right now, instead of shivering away in the middle of our winter! I know I would almost give anything to be waking up to this view!

My card didn't end up as bright as I wanted - as I could only use the re-inkers that I had.
To create the background, I used GLOSSY CARD, ISOCOL and RE-INKERS.
Step #1: In a small container, I mixed Isocol and a few drops of re-inker.
Step #2: Using a cotton wool ball, I soaked one in the coloured isocol and rubbed it over the glossy to obtain the look I wanted. I waited a min or two and then went over it a few times. Step #3: I then added a few more drops to darken Isocol and use that over the top of what I had already put on the glossy. I would've loved more colours to create more depth.
Step #4: I suggest you wait until the isocol has completely dried before stamping using Stazon on. Of course I couldn't wait and when the Stazon stamped it did tend to blur a little!

stamps: SU elements of style, verve sentiment
cardstock: basic black, silver, glossy white
ink: black stazon, baja breeze re-inker, blue bayou re-inker and kiwi kiss re-inker
hodgepodge hardware, black velvet ribbon, dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. Your card is so serene. I just love what you do with Elements of Style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a nice card. Thank you so much for the tutorial, too. Theresa x http://tbarsstars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info on how you created your beautiful card Tania. I've never tried that technique and you've inspired me to give it a go. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so pretty!

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the softness of it Tania, very calming, if you can say that about a card?
    Thanks for the tutorial too, l will be giving this technique a try for sure!
    Liking that greeting too, nice font!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool technique; first time I've learnt about this one, and might just have to give it a try. I laughed at your impatience to overstamp the background (we can all relate, I'm sure). Beautiful card, Tania!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors..such a classy card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so behind! This is a gorgeous card and I'm so glad you noted how you created it because I'm going to try it out!

    Total elegance! Love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Really love reading your comments - thanks for taking the time! Tania

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...